Home Our Law Firm Practice Areas Our Attorneys Frequently Asked Questions Resources

What are the fee arrangements?

The initial consultation is FREE with all of our attorneys. We recognize every circumstance is unique; however the following arrangements are general guidelines our firm follows: Each separate area of law has a different fee arrangement. If the type of law you are pursuing is not included below, please contact us at (920) 922-7220 or info@fonddulaclaw.com.

Personal Injury There is no upfront cost in this matter. A) One-fourth (1/4) of the gross recovery if settlement is reached before an action, panel proceeding or arbitration matter is commenced plus costs. B) One-third (1/3) of the gross recovery after commencement of an action, panel proceeding or arbitration matter plus costs.

Worker’s Compensation There is no upfront cost in this matter. Twenty percent (20%) of the amount at which such claim is compromised or of the amount awarded, adjudged or collected plus costs subject to the approval of the Board of Worker's Compensation, and no fee of more than $250.00 shall be paid under the contract unless approved by the Board.

Criminal/Traffic A retainer fee is due up front before any representation takes place. The amount due varies depending on the type of charge (felony vs. misdemeanor; ordinance vs. criminal) and the number of violations charged in addition to the County where the violation took place. Payment plans are considered if the charged party can come up with a co-signor.

Real Estate/Estate Planning We have standard charges for completing real estate forms and for preparing the standard estate planning forms, i.e. simple will or will with trust for minor children; durable power of attorney, power of attorney for health care.

Estates/Elder Law Estates have a maximum statutory fee of 3% of the value of the estate plus costs. Most estates cost less but the vast majority of people can avoid this process by estate planning.

Unemployment Compensation The fee for unemployment compensation cases is 10% of the amount in dispute which is due whether the case is won or loss. We require half of the fee be paid when retaining the firm.

Divorce/Family Law A retainer fee will be due when retaining the firm which will be deposited in trust and billed against monthly. The retainer fee will depend on the circumstances of the case, the issues that are disputed and the anticipated amount of time that will need to be put into the resolution of the matter.

When do I need to hire an attorney?

Personal Injury You can hire an attorney for an automobile accident as soon as you realize there are damages that will need to be paid, which typically is when the collision occurs. Damages include but are not limited to automobile repair, rental car expense, medical bills and loss of earnings.

Worker’s Compensation Representation is typically required when one or more benefit is not paid, for example, you’ve missed time off of work based upon your doctor’s restrictions and the insurance company is balking at making the payment. A denial is required at this point or the damages need to be paid. Once you’re benefits have been denied, preferably in writing, we can begin to assist you in recovering those damages. If you’ve been terminated from your job when you were in the healing period, you’ve been denied benefits.

Criminal/Traffic We recommend you not make any statements to the police without an attorney present. Having said that, an attorney in a criminal matter is required ASAP, even before charges are filed. In a traffic matter, once you’re received a citation, consult with an attorney to see what your rights are. There are critical time limits that need to be followed when arrested for an OWI and you should be sure to consult with an attorney within 1 week of this arrest.

Estate Planning Estate planning is an opportunity to influence the future. It may be critical for the survivors you leave behind, most importantly your family. It is your voice once you’re no longer here to be heard.

Unemployment Compensation Once you’ve been denied your unemployment insurance benefits, you should seek representation to advise you what the law is and clarify when you are and are not due benefits based upon the law.

Divorce/Family Law We can most efficiently and thoroughly represent you if we are "on board" from the commencement of the action and have been included in all of the beginning aspects of the case, including the initial temporary hearing and orders

A divorce action is typically started by filing with the court a series of papers and the serving of copies of these papers upon the opposite spouse. The parties need to have a living arrangement established during the pendency of the divorce action and, therefore, along with the first group of papers is usually contained an Order to Show Cause, or a Motion requesting relief under a Temporary Order.

The Temporary Order usually results from a short hearing held before the Family Court Commissioner a week or two after the service of the above papers. This Temporary Order will govern custody, visitation, use of property, support, maintenance, and such other items as need to be adjusted between the parties during the pendency of the action.

Real Estate If you are buying or selling property, or if you have issues with boundaries, contracts or easements, etc. we can assist you with representation in preparing the documents required by the State of Wisconsin for disclosure purposes, etc. Fees vary for real estate assistance depending on the amount of time and documentation preparation necessary.

Contact Us

First Name:
Last Name:

Make a Payment
Pay Your Invoice with LawPay
Office Location

115 S. Main Street
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin 54936
E-mail: info@fonddulaclaw.com
920.922.7220 Phone
920.922.9654 Fax
920.748.4140 Phone
Driving Directions

Find Us on Facebook
Find Us on Facebook
Copyright © 2012-2018 Zacherl, O'Malley & Endejan, S.C.. All Rights Reserved. | Web Design by Alling Enterprises